The best way to continue art education is continue the growth outside of the classroom as well. We have compiled helpful books, websites, and resources to help inspire art explorations!
- Looking at Art in the Classroom – Art Investigations from the Guggenheim Museum; Rebecca Shulman Herz; Teachers College Press, 2010.
- The Art Book for Children – Volumes 1-2; Phaidon Press, Inc., 2005 and 2007.
- My Art Book; DK Publishing, 2011
- Discovering Great Artists; MaryAnn F. Kohl and Kim Solga; Bright Ring Publishing, Inc., 1996.
- The Art of Eric Carle; Eric Carle; Philomel Books, 1996.
- Art is Fundamental – Teaching the Elements and Principals of Art in Elementary School; Eileen S. Prince; Zephyr Press, 2008.
Art Museum Websites
- Phoenix Art Museum – www.phxart.org
- National Gallery of Art – www.nga.gov
- Museum of Modern Art – www.moma.org
- The Getty – www.getty.edu
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – www.metmuseum.org
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art Timeline of Art History – www.metmuseum.org/toah/
- San Francisco MOMA – www.sfmoma.org
- Guggenheim – www.guggenheim.org/new-york/education
- Whitney Museum of American Art – www.whitney.org/Education
- Tate Gallery – www.tate.org.uk/learn/online-resources